Location: Dallas, Texas, 75220
Start: As soon as they meet match!
Children: Twin 9-year-old girls
Schedule: Please carefully review the job requisition details provided below, as the schedule for this position is subject to variation.
Starting at $30.00 per hour. Our family competitive and commensurate with experience and education. Our family values the expertise and qualifications that each candidate brings to the role. They are committed to offering a fair compensation package that aligns with industry standards.
Say Hello To Our Family:
Our esteemed nanny agency is currently representing a professional family seeking a dedicated and reliable nanny/family assistant to join their dynamic household. We cannot stress enough the significance of finding the perfect match for this distinguished family. They are looking forward to saying hello to an individual with a proactive mindset, someone who thrives on taking initiative and possesses a “no job is too big or too small” attitude. Hand-holding is not an option, as the family’s demanding schedules cannot accommodate it. The ability to take initiative and figure things out independently is essential.
They are a vibrant and energetic family, consisting of two busy working parents who prioritize quality time spent together during evenings and weekends with their children. Their twin girls, aged 9, are involved in various after-school activities, necessitating your assistance with carpool pickups and coordinating their schedules. These “girly girls” have a passion for dancing, singing, gymnastics, and outdoor play, as well as enjoying movies and games. Additionally, the family has two adored dogs that require walks and affection, making comfort with pets a vital requirement. As a nanny/family assistant, your role will be multifaceted, blending elements of household management and childcare.
Our family needs an independent thinker who is two steps ahead and ready to pitch in wherever needed to ensure the smooth running of the household and provide the working parents with a sense of assurance. Top-notch organization and time management skills are a must in this position. The family values someone who is proactive, someone who anticipates needs and gets things done without constant guidance.
While they have an Au Pair who manages their morning routine, our family requires assistance during the afternoon into evening hours. The number of hours per week can range from 15 to 32, depending on the right match. They are open to discussing different schedule options to accommodate the needs of the ideal candidate. A few of those options include:
- Monday-Friday: 12:00 pm-6:00 pm
- Monday-Friday: 2:00 pm-8:00 pm
- Monday-Thursday: 2:00 pm-8:00 pm
- Monday-Thursday: 12:00 pm-8:00 pm
The number of hours needed can range from part-time (15-20 hours) to full-time (32 hours) per week. However, the family places utmost importance on work ethic, reliability, and the ability to consistently deliver high-quality work. Flexibility is crucial, as the schedule may vary.
This role requires a “divide and conquer” approach, where clear and professional communication is crucial. As the nanny/family assistant, you will work closely with mom to coordinate pick-ups and drop-offs for the girls. If mom’s schedule allows her to pick the girls up from school and take them to their activities, your focus will be on proactively managing tasks and responsibilities at the house. However, if mom’s schedule does not permit her to handle the girls’ transportation, you will step in and ensure they are safely transported to their activities.
The girls’ schedule is as follows:
- Monday: After school, pick up at 3:00 pm. Upon returning home, they will have a snack, complete their homework, and engage in free play. It is important to note that our family follows a no-screen rule, with the exception of a math program required for school.
- Tuesday: School pick-up is at 3:00 pm. The girls have commitments at 4:00 pm and 5:00 pm. They will be back home by 6:30 pm. Our family appreciates dinner to be ready upon their return. If the ideal candidate is not comfortable cooking meals in the kitchen, they would appreciate having a plan in place for dinner, such as ordering takeout.
- Wednesday: On Wednesdays, school pick-up is at 3:00 pm. They will arrive home at 3:30 pm for a snack and to complete their homework. The girls have a commitment at 5:00 pm and will be back home by 6:15 pm.
- Thursday: School pick-up is at 3:00 pm. Once they are home, they will have a snack and work on their homework. The girls have a commitment at 4:00 pm and will be back home by 5:30 pm.
- Friday: School pick-up is at 3:00 pm. The rest of the day is free for the girls to enjoy.
Understanding and adhering to this schedule is vital for ensuring that the girls are taken care of and that their activities and commitments are properly managed. By understanding and coordinating with mom regarding the girls’ schedule, you will play a crucial role in ensuring that they are where they need to be, while also efficiently managing household tasks during those times.
While culinary expertise is not mandatory, the family would greatly appreciate your willingness to engage in meal preparation 1-2 times a week. Whether it’s whipping up homemade meals or providing easy options, this will be seen as an added bonus. Snacks for the girls are currently taken care of by the Au Pair.
Finding the right person is paramount for this family. They seek a long-term commitment and an individual who understands and anticipates their needs. The ideal candidate will possess a proactive, high-functioning, and goal-oriented mindset, with a Type A personality.
The family envisions you as an integral part of their household, building a strong and lasting relationship.
If you are an experienced professional with a proven track record in managing households and are seeking a fulfilling position within a warm and welcoming family, we enthusiastically invite you to connect with us. Joining this extraordinary family will not only allow you to demonstrate your exceptional skills but also make you an invaluable member of their household. Our family genuinely values and deeply respects their team, fostering a supportive and appreciative environment for all.
Household Manager Expectations:
- Proactive Approach: The ideal candidate should possess a proactive mindset, always thinking two steps ahead and anticipating the needs of the household. Taking initiative and being able to work independently without constant guidance is highly valued.
- Organization and Efficiency: Strong organizational skills are essential for effectively managing various household tasks and responsibilities. The candidate should be able to prioritize tasks, create schedules, and ensure that everything runs smoothly.
- Getting Things Done: The household manager should have a results-oriented approach, demonstrating a strong work ethic and a commitment to getting tasks completed in a timely manner. They should be able to handle multiple responsibilities simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Dog Care: Comfort and experience with caring for dogs is necessary, as the candidate will be responsible for assisting with the care, feeding, and walking of the family’s beloved dogs. This includes ensuring that the dogs’ needs are met and that they receive proper attention and exercise.
- Positive Attitude: Maintaining a positive and upbeat attitude is crucial in this role. The candidate should be friendly, approachable, and able to create a welcoming atmosphere within the household. A positive attitude helps create a harmonious and enjoyable environment for both the family and the household staff.
- Problem Solving: The household manager should possess strong problem-solving skills and be able to handle unexpected situations with grace and composure. They should be resourceful and able to find solutions quickly and efficiently.
- Organization and Delegation: The candidate should have excellent organizational skills to manage the household efficiently. This includes overseeing schedules, coordinating appointments, managing household inventories, and delegating tasks to other staff members as needed.
- Communication: Clear and effective communication is essential in this role. The candidate should have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate professionally and respectfully with all members of the household, including the family, other staff members, and external service providers.
- Confidentiality: Maintaining strict confidentiality is of utmost importance in a household manager role. The candidate should respect the privacy of the family and exercise discretion when handling sensitive information or matters.
- Adaptability: Flexibility and adaptability are key qualities for a household manager. The candidate should be able to adjust to changing priorities, schedules, and unexpected events with ease. Adapting to the needs of the family and the household is crucial for success in this role.
- Childcare Experience: The ideal candidate should have previous experience working with children of similar age, preferably with twins. Experience with active and energetic children would be a plus.
- Active Engagement: The nanny should be able to keep up with the girls’ energy levels and provide engaging activities to promote their physical and mental development. This may include outdoor play, sports, arts and crafts, and imaginative play.
- Safety and Well-being: Ensuring the safety and well-being of the girls is of utmost importance. The nanny should be vigilant and attentive, taking necessary precautions to provide a secure environment for the girls at all times.
- Girly Activities: Understanding and embracing the girls’ interests and preferences is essential. The nanny should be enthusiastic about organizing and participating in activities that align with their girly interests, such as dress-up, tea parties, arts and crafts, and other activities that reflect their individual personalities.
- Homework Assistance: Helping with homework and providing educational support is crucial. The nanny should assist the girls with their school assignments, encourage a positive learning environment, and provide guidance when needed.
- Meal and Snack Preparation: The nanny should be capable of preparing meals and snacks for the girls when needed, taking into consideration any dietary restrictions or preferences. Encouraging healthy eating habits and ensuring a balanced diet is important.
- Transportation: The nanny should be comfortable and responsible when transporting the girls to and from school, extracurricular activities, and playdates. A valid driver’s license and a safe driving record are necessary.
- Positive Role Model: The nanny should serve as a positive role model, demonstrating good manners, patience, kindness, and respect. Encouraging positive behavior and promoting values such as empathy and teamwork is important.
- Open Communication: Maintaining open and effective communication with both the girls and their parents is vital. The nanny should provide regular updates on the girls’ activities, progress, and any concerns that may arise.
- Flexibility: Being flexible with the schedule and accommodating occasional changes is necessary. The nanny should be willing to adapt to the family’s needs and be available for occasional evening or weekend hours, as agreed upon in advance.